Friday, January 5, 2018

News:: Review: Insidious: The Last Key

There’s a fatal flaw that’s lodged in every good horror franchise: sooner or later, their quality begins to drop exponentially. Saw was a great film, but Saw IV? What about Paranormal Activity, and each entry into that after the first? And who could forget John Carpenter's classic Halloween, but hey…did you see Halloween III: Season of the Witch? Walking into Insidious: The Last Key, I couldn’t stop thinking about this trend. I was almost certain that I was going to experience two hours of boredom, and leave wishing I’d drank bourbon instead.

I was wrong. Sort of. Insidious: The Last Key isn’t a great movie, but it’s better – and scarier – than most horror films would be as the fourth movie in a franchise.

Review: Insidious: The Last Key screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2lYDZ5O