Saturday, December 16, 2017

News:: What's the last game that scared you silly?

I used to be a pretty big scaredy cat when it came to games (not so much with films, though – the interactive side to games really had the potential to freak me out). After toughing it out for a few weeks with REmake earlier on in the year, I think I made some good progress towards having a normal tolerance for spooky games. I would no longer flinch and switch my console off straight away at the first sign of a zombie, and I realised that I felt no fear whatsoever trying the original BioShock for the first time in October.

Of course, that doesn't mean I am now immune to blood, guts and gore. In fact, my jimmies were thoroughly rustled just last week by a game that appears innocuous on the surface but is designed to bury its way under your skin, like a rather nasty and persistent parasite. I knew the secret, I knew the surprise. But it still didn't prepare me for how tense I would be throughout pretty much the whole second half of the game.

This game I'm talking about is, of course, Doki Doki Literature Club.

What's the last game that scared you silly? screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2AGCKOR