Sunday, December 3, 2017

News:: What does Super Mario Odyssey's ending mean for the series?

Super Mario Odyssey was certainly a grand adventure. While I didn’t expect anything less from Mario’s Switch debut, I still left thinking it was the best game I’ve played this year. While the different gameplay elements may not necessarily be new (everything is very reminiscent of Super Mario 64), the way in which each kingdom brings totally unique challenges feels just like the classic games of Nintendo’s past.

Then you get to the ending of the game and a pretty big ripple can be felt. Nintendo has set up something that could possibly influence the rest of Mario going forward and it has gotten me curious about the implications.

Obviously, I’m going to spoil the ending of Super Mario Odyssey, so if you haven’t beaten it yet, be warned.

What does Super Mario Odyssey's ending mean for the series? screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2jbqVtf