Tuesday, December 19, 2017

News:: Watch me play Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom badly

This weekend at Namco Bandai's "Level Up" event in Paris, I had the chance to sit down with RPG Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom, sequel to Studio Ghibli's Wrath of the White Witch, released back in 2013.

I had previously tried Ni no Kuni II back at EGX, but with only a few minutes playtime allowed, bad sound, and sore knees, I wasn't really taken in by the anime adventure, despite its attractive visual style, instantly reminiscent of many cartoons of my youth. We didn't even realise they were from Japan. That's life without Google, kids.

But this weekend, equipped with headphones and a seat, I was able to let myself sink into the Revenant Kingdom experience a little more, coming away pleased with how the game is shaping up. I played three scenarios, all of which are featured below in glorious 30FPS (sorry).

The first video sees usurped catboy prince Evan Pettiwhisker and his compadre Roland -- ROLAND -- attempt to rescue a young girl from a Wyvern's lair. The second features the game's strategic warfare, which has you adjusting tactics to efficiently manage troop-based battles. Finally Evan, Roland and the (now-rescued) Tani face a "Trial of Courage" or, in reality, a massive clusterfuck of a scrap.

Watch me play Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom badly screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2yZvXxO