Sunday, December 31, 2017

News:: A send-off for The World Ends With You's tenth anniversary

I replayed The World Ends With You for the third time this year. In part because I got a new phone and lost my save file as a result, and in part to celebrate its tenth anniversary. Long story short, I managed to lock myself out of that new phone one drunken night and had to wipe it. I never did finish this third playthrough. But, until this unfortunate accident, the game hooked me once again.

The World Ends With You is a wild, wild game. Fast-paced touchscreen combat, sharp graffiti-like artwork, nonsensical music. Beyblade ripoffs, cross-dressing, angst, shopping. It's flashy. It's loud. It's youth.

A send-off for The World Ends With You's tenth anniversary screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2ltopPX