Sunday, December 10, 2017

News:: Interview with Pesky Bees, creators of Tell Me What You See

The well-deserved winner of the Most Innovative Newcomer award at the PLAY creative games festival, held in Hamburg, Germany from 1–5 November, was Tell Me What You See, a co-op VR puzzle-adventure game. It is being developed by Pesky Bees, a Copenhagen-based student dev team. A lot of the games on display at the festival showed creative flair in their own special ways, but Tell Me What You See had a distinctive style and charm, and earned brownie points in making use of tricky HTC Vive VR technology.

The build I played at the festival was a two-player demo. One player would sit at a computer screen, and would have a zoomed-out overview of the entire level, which is a diorama of a child's bedroom. The other player would wear the Vive headset, and would be in the life-sized bedroom. Communicating via headset microphone, the player at the computer monitor assists the second player in escaping the room, using machines straight from a child's vivid imagination that are made out of cardboard boxes.

The art style is a joy, and all of the interactions with objects in the game feel natural. As an aside, I'll admit this was my first attempt at a VR game, and I embarrassed myself a fair bit. I was so taken aback by everything being in front of my face that I giggled uncontrollably – and loudly – throughout the entire experience. I also collided with one of the team, who were running the demo booth themselves, and was not very graceful in plonking myself on the floor to "climb" into an object.

But out of all of the exhibits, it was the one with which I had the most fun – which is why I loved this game so much, and why I just had to get an interview with the developers. Keep on reading for my chat with the team! 

Interview with Pesky Bees, creators of Tell Me What You See screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2BQLORh