Sunday, December 17, 2017

News:: Game protagonists are old farts now and that's okay

[I was still in my twenties the first time I read this blog. At exactly two months into my thirties, this feels more relevant than ever.  In the newest entry for our Who Let The Blogs Out initiative, where we promote older blogs that may have been overlooked the first time around, SpielerDad gives us a good, stern talking to about some of the aging characters in video games. – Kevin]

Getting older is not as bad as people make it out to be. Take it from me, as someone who has been on this merry-go-round called earth over thirty-six times. Complaining about it is so cliché anyway.

Sure, my muscles ache a bit more than they used to, and my peaches hang down a little lower, and my beard has a touch of grey here and there, but you learn to deal. Perhaps the worst part was the thinning of my long beautiful mane of hair, but I just started shaving all that shit off. Now I’m a sexy bald man, like the late, great Telly Savalas.

Game protagonists are old farts now and that's okay screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2kEmdnJ