Wednesday, November 29, 2017

News:: You've got character: Vega (SFIV)

When it comes to competitive multiplayer games, we all have our favorite characters and classes. In this series, I'm putting some of mine under the microscope to see what makes them tick, how they fit into their games, and ultimately why I like them! Check out the previous entries - Kotal KahnReaperLex LuthorThe Hunchback. The Spy

If you asked me who my favorite Street Fighter character was anywhere between 1992 to 2010, I wouldn’t have even blinked. “Ken. Of course, Ken. What are you, stupid?”

Ken was my guy. Let’s be honest, he was probably the guy for any punk kid who thought he was king shit of Street Fighter because he could toss a Hadouken on command. The flashier half of the shoto-bros, and the go-to foil to my brother’s Ryu. A natural pick for anyone with an interest in looking cool and hitting mugs with huge uppercuts.

But something strange happened in 2010. Somehow, Ken, my lifelong fighter in the streets slipped off my radar and I found another character to play. It wasn’t a natural shift either, like going from Ken to Akuma, or Sagat, or some other character of the fireball+uppercut persuasion. No, I found Vega. Vega, the preening, masked weirdo of the cast.

You've got character: Vega (SFIV) screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2in31xJ