Monday, November 20, 2017

News:: Visual Novel Maker has given me newfound respect for game developers

If Steam tracked how long we stared at games in the Steam Store the same way it tracks how long we actually play the games we own, it would probably show I've stared at the listing for TyranoBuilder for approximately five hours. I've always had that desire to write and create my own visual novel, but due to my artistic talents being par with those of Janey Briggs, I've withheld putting any money down on programs that would require original art.

Then came a beta opportunity for Visual Novel Maker.

Originally set for release around this time last year, VN Maker was delayed to provide more time for Degica to work on its development. I applied to be part of the Beta and was lucky to get in. With only 20 people select, I felt I had a responsibility to make sure I did it right. Working a full-time job with a three-hour daily commute kept progress to a minimum early in the process. Add in traveling over one weekend to visit my mom on Mother’s Day and I had mostly wasted the first two weeks of the roughly six weeks I would have to put together a sample project. In that time I was given a behind-the-scenes look at game development. Seeing how the sausage is made is allowing me to look at the hard work of developers I frankly couldn't before.

Visual Novel Maker has given me newfound respect for game developers screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2hIJrYV