Tuesday, November 28, 2017

News:: Some thoughts on the psychology behind team loyalty in the world of videogames

[Daisy art by Robaato]

Like many of you, I was pretty sad that Rick and Morty Season 3 didn't have an Interdimensional Cable episode. Instead of crying about it, I tried to "channel" my disappointment into something productive. I walked my dog, and when I got home, I recorded 90 seconds of audio for an imaginary Justin Roiland cartoon. Luckily for me, the lovely ToonBog decided to put those sounds to moving pictures, which is pretty neat. It's pretty interesting. 

Unlike Ants In My Eyes Johnson, this cartoon for Team Blue has a pretty overt message. It's a message that leaks into a lot of the stuff I say and do, because it's a message that's beaten into my brain day in and day out for as long as I've been writing about video games. 

It wasn't long ago that some Daisy fans beat it into me hard. They were livid at me for three days. I gave them the requested attention and validated their concerns, but I'm not sure that it mattered. Their main point of contention with me (aka "beef") was that I failed to understand that "the dumb stuck up blonde bitch didn't deserve to die."

Some thoughts on the psychology behind team loyalty in the world of videogames screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2zxo8Az