Friday, November 17, 2017

News:: Schooled: Learning how to make retro games look amazing

[I'm already out of HDMI ports on my TV, but able to think has literally every console under the sun connected to a TV. Get schooled on all the different cables and video signals you need to get even the blockiest of sprites going to a native 1080! ~Marcel]

Over the past few weeks I've been in the process of hooking up all my consoles to my main entertainment center. My goal was to have every system in one place, outputting in the highest possible quality. Making that happen turned out to be a lot more complicated than I expected. I ended up having to take a crash course in analog video with a metaphorical undergrad in the technical idiosyncrasies of old consoles.

Schooled: Learning how to make retro games look amazing screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2ARfnSq