Thursday, November 16, 2017

News:: Review in Progress: School Girl/Zombie Hunter

I’ve never played any “sexy" Japanese games before, so School Girl/Zombie Hunter signifies the very first time that I’ve dipped my toes into the genre. Needless to say, these impressions, as well as the inevitable followup review, are coming from the perspective of a total novice.

I’m fairly close to finishing my first playthrough of the game on normal difficulty, but I’d like to take it through the paces a bit on a harder difficulty as well as try out the online co-op before I make a final verdict.

So far, I’m surprised at just how much I’ve enjoyed it. It’s dumb. It’s extremely dumb. We’re talking about a game where you play as a high school girl who throws their used panties at hordes of zombies (aka “zom zoms”) to distract them. Surprisingly, however, there’s a pretty severe lack of “sexy” on offer here. It also more closely resembles the gameplay of Earth Defense Force than its hack and slash origins in the Onechanbara series, where it spawns from.

Review in Progress: School Girl/Zombie Hunter screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2z7q72j