Saturday, November 4, 2017

News:: Review In Progress: Call of Duty: WWII

I've never been a part of the "Call of Duty sucks because it still exists" crowd. Aside from a few missteps, I've generally found the never-ending CoD series to feature quite a few interesting, high-quality titles. I think Modern Warfare 1 & 2 are both uniformly excellent, and Black Ops II has a clever and gripping single player campaign, one of my favourite shooter stories. I also find the multiplayer oddly addictive, perhaps due to its very high levels of tension and non-stop action.

But I've been out of the loop for some time. Other than some brief time spent with Black Ops III, I'm a little behind on the franchise. It's after this break from the million-selling series that I come to Activision's Call of Duty: WWII, ironically at a time where the publisher is essentially resetting the series, replacing jet booted wall-running with crawling through the mud, and interstellar space battles with a grim charge up Normandy beach... again.

Here are my brief thoughts on the new game, seeing as I have somehow become Destructoid's resident Nazi-smasher. 

Review In Progress: Call of Duty: WWII screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2yvs2gM