Sunday, November 12, 2017

News:: Let's settle this once and for all: Which Pokemon is the best?

We're just a few short days away from the launch of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, the last two mainline Pokémon games to appear on a dedicated handheld console. Yes this Friday millions of people around the world will be popping in one of the two games and starting what I can only imagine is a 25-hour tutorial where everybody in Alola treats you like a coma patient who just awoke to find out Pokémon are real and ready to battle for your amusement like the sicko you are.

Over the course of however many generations there have been, we've been introduced to more than 700 different Pokémon. Some are good, some bad, one is just a set of keys that made it past quality control somehow. Though I guess Klefki is better than the minstrel show Pokémon. Of course, better than both of those and every other little dogfighter in the series is Delibird.

The Santa Claus Pokémon, I remember when I first caught her on route 217 of Pokémon Platinum. I was nearing the point I would stop playing to move onto another game, but when I saw this bearded bird threw out presents, I kept at it for another few hours. Maybe it was the fact it was the dead of summer and I needed any reason to think cool, but I wanted this little reminder of Christmas in my party.

Was she a liability? Yes, she was. Against the final four, she was utterly useless but I didn’t care. I had five other Pokémon that could carry the weight. She was there just for me and all the sweet TMs I could teach her. So feel free to skip the rest of this dumb list with their dumb answers to "Which Pokémon is the best?" because none of them, and I mean none of them, can hold a candle to Delibird. Not even the Pokémon that is a candle.

Let's settle this once and for all: Which Pokemon is the best? screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2mk5OsE