Monday, October 9, 2017

News:: Dragon Force: A game I've waited 20 years to play

Note: If you are wondering who the hell I am, I'm Shawn aka RGT 85 on YouTube. I do retro gaming vids, and Destructoid can use a lil retro loving, so here I am. If you like me, make sure you let people know so they don't throw me back in the dumpster they found me.

As someone who owns a massive video game collection, there aren't many games that I want to play that I haven't had the chance to. If I don't own the physical game, there's a wonderful thing called "emulation" that you might have heard of that pretty much will let you play any game from your childhood you can imagine. 

But let's be honest: Sega Saturn emulation still sucks. 

The Dreamcast was literally the easiest system to pirate for, allowing you to simply burn a game onto a CD, pop it into the system, and play it. The Saturn however was Fort Knox in terms of emulation cracking. SEGA went above and beyond to make it a pain in the ass to do any sort of piracy with it, and while major strides are being made in Saturn emulation, it''s still archaic at best to play Saturn games via emulation. 

Due to this, there are a ton of Saturn games I've never been able to play because in 2017 Saturn games are EXPENSIVE. Games like Panzer Dragoon Saga and Burning Rangers cost hundreds of dollars to own, and since emulation sucks, you better save up your pennies or sell some plasma if you want to play these classic games. One game that I've always fancied on the Sega Saturn however was a Working Designs RPG called Dragon Force. The thing is though, this isn't something I've wanted due to the rise of the Saturn, it's been 20 damn years of my life wanting to get my hands on this game.

Dragon Force: A game I've waited 20 years to play screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2g6Yhey