Thursday, October 19, 2017

News:: Cities: Skylines' Green Cities makes my town the prettiest flower in a sea of weeds

My fledgling city had been laid out in neat little rows; everything in its place. While I had yet to rid myself of my toxic coal plant, wind turbines were being raised to supplement it. My citizens were happily recycling one-hundred percent of their garbage, and my economy mostly consisted of a firmly-managed lumber industry. Sure, I received angry tweets from environmentalists, but you can't please everyone.

Then I saw it. "Self-sufficient residences." A massive savings in energy and waste consumption, at the cost of tax-income. My lovely little town of budding craft beer makers would finally get off the grid! I clicked it.

I had failed to realize that doing so would demolish every last residence in my city for failing to be "up to code." I had just evicted everyone. Tax income be damned; I didn't have residents to tax!

Cities: Skylines' Green Cities makes my town the prettiest flower in a sea of weeds screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2hQJmBV