Saturday, September 2, 2017

News:: Dauntless isn't exactly Monster Hunter, but it's as close as PC gamers will get

Ever since its debut on the PlayStation 2 in 2004, I’ve been consistently playing every Monster Hunter release, minus the MMORPG titles. It’s easily one of my favorite co-op franchises, and it has proven to be a great time killer at cons when everyone brings their 3DS to the table.  Although PC gamers have similar games like Toukiden and God Eater that are available on Steam, it’s still not the same experience that Monster Hunter offers.

While I’m not really missing out on Monster Hunter, it’s something I would like to play on PC since it’s currently my main gaming platform. Then earlier this year, I learned about Dauntless via an article calling the game a Monster Hunter-like action game, so it caught my interest and I’ve been following it since then.

Similarly, to Monster Hunter, you hunt big monsters (called behemoth in the game) and gather their parts in which can be used to upgrade or make better equipment to kill bigger and harder monsters as you progress the game. One thing that I found annoying is the amount of grinding it takes to get the loot that you need to make the armor that you want, and that was one of the earlier armors in the alpha. I usually like investing myself into grinding, but it felt dragged with lots of fruitless attempts.

Dauntless isn't exactly Monster Hunter, but it's as close as PC gamers will get screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2exWrST