Monday, August 14, 2017

News:: Titanfall Assault is like if Clash Royale shotgunned an energy drink

The Titanfall franchise has had a bit of a rough go of it, innit? The first game was hyped into the stratosphere and came crashing down to Earth not long after launch when players seem to just get bored of it all. Titanfall 2, inarguably a superior game from what everyone has told me, had the misfortune of launching near Gears of War 4 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare while also having to compete with Overwatch for the attention of online multiplayer gamers. It was still successful, we’ve been told, and the franchise will continue sometime in the future. But for now, players looking for their next hit of the series will have to turn to mobile.

I’ve written about my love of Clash Royale before, arguing it’s probably the best free-to-play game on mobile. I’ve even said I’d rather more developers rip off that formula than some of the others the permeate the various app stores, i.e. clicker games. So I seem to have got my wish here with Titanfall Assault. It wears its inspirations on its sleeves, proudly aping the worldwide phenomenon while mixing in a few original ingredients. 

Titanfall Assault is like if Clash Royale shotgunned an energy drink screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2uHO6Po