Sunday, August 27, 2017

News:: Breath of the Wild's Prince Sidon deserves his own game

Are you tired of hearing about The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? Well too fucking bad because I ain’t ready to stop talking about it. It’s easily one of my top 50 games of the year and even though I’ve completed the campaign, I keep coming back to finish up shrines, find Korok seeds and generally experience this wondrous rendition of Hyrule. Back when I played World of Warcraft, I didn’t care much for the questing and raids. I was far more interested in seeking out the many landmarks Azeroth was hiding.

One of my favorite places to visit repeated in Breath is the Zora's Domain. Even with its Tourette’s-like frame rate, I am infatuated with the place and one of its residents in particular. That’s right, I’m talking about the fine-ass fishman known as Prince Sidon. The star of my never-to-be-published fan fiction called “Sidon into my DMs,” the red wonder was briefly the most talked about aspect of the entire game as he was the first noteworthy character people met on their quest to save Hyrule. He’s charming, funny, energetic and quite handsome for a centenarian. He has arguably the most exciting of the Divine Beast action sequences and watching him swim across that water as he and Link tried the tame the beast convinced me quite quickly that this badass should have his own game.

The Zelda series is packed full of people who are ripe for their own adventure. Linebeck, Impa, Ganondorf, Skull Kid, Groose; they could all star and be fantastic in their own stand-alone adventure. But I just go back to that action sequence, and the fact that most people hate water levels, and I think what a wonderful experience it would be if Nintendo were to take this magnificent specimen and make him the star of his own deep sea adventure. Being a fishman would eliminate many of the issues people have with water stages (i.e. they’re slow) in the same way Starfy was able to create an entire game consisting of mostly water levels and be amazing. Side-note: Nintendo and TOSE need to make a new Starfy.

Beyond all that, he’s just so fucking positive and I can’t remember the last time a character absolutely radiated sunshine with every move he made and every word he said. So yeah, if there is a character most deserving of his own adventure, it’s Prince Sidon. Not a single person mentioned below can compare.

Breath of the Wild's Prince Sidon deserves his own game screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2vAQuHp