Thursday, June 1, 2017

News:: This official Splatoon 2 headset looks like a pain to use

I completely forgot about how backward some of Nintendo's decisions were on the Switch -- most notably the smartphone app for chatting. Evidently to use the upcoming official Splatoon 2 headset, you'll need to plug the mic line into a hub, then into a smartphone and the actual Switch for "better quality audio input."

I don't know about you, but I don't think I'm going to jump through this many hurdles unless I somehow form a pro Splatoon eSports team. What strikes me as odd the most is that the Switch has a Bluetooth feature -- what better way to push that than an official headset that supports it.

It's a shame because the headset itself looks kind of neat. It'll drop with the game in Japan for 3480 yen (roughly $30).

Splatoon [Twitter]

This official Splatoon 2 headset looks like a pain to use screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2rIHTVG