Saturday, June 24, 2017

News:: Rumor: SNES Classic in development, built to 'get headlines and foot traffic'

While hunting for the now totally sold out Gamestop exclusive Twilight Princess Link amiibo on Friday, I got to chatting with the store manager about Nintendo and their tendency to make things that people can't buy. He was surprisingly passionate about the topic. He even went as far as to call the company "Fuck-tendo" at one point. 

One thing led to another, and he eventually let loose with a story about how Nintendo had told him and other store managers at a "behind closed doors event" that a SNES Classic plug-and-play system was in the works. He specifically said that there was no release date for it, but that his guess was that it would "drop this holiday" and "would be made in short supply just to piss people like me off ha ha ha!"

I appreciated his candor, but I needed more before I could warrant posting this information on Destructoid dot com, my favorite video game web log. First I'd need to get at least two more sources. Then, I'd have to draw crude caricatures of these sources in order to give our readers something to look at, as the sources wanted to remain anonymous in both name and appearance. 

So that's exactly what I did. 

Rumor: SNES Classic in development, built to 'get headlines and foot traffic' screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2t6DWeh