Sunday, May 7, 2017

News:: With just a few Injustice 2 DLC character slots left, one of them better be Sandman

On Monday, the day every week I unleash these questions on the Destructoid staff, I posited there was no way Ed Boon and Netherrealm would reveal all the DLC characters for Injustice 2. “Surely,” I told myself “surely they would wait until the week of launch or after it was on store shelves.” That thought became my security blanket for the week after I asked the staff to name DC characters they want to be included in the season pass.

Then Thursday happened and my heart sank as it was confirmed characters would be revealed on Friday. I worried this would be my first week since I started this feature that I would fail to have a post ready.

Imagine my relief then when only a few of the characters were announced. Starfire, Red Hood, and (boring) Sub-Zero are there, as well as Black Manta and (boring) Raiden based on their obvious silhouettes. So that’s five of the 9 characters, leaving us with just four more. Four characters I hope to God are not from Mortal Kombat. I don’t know who they are, and some people have probably already figured out their identities, but I do know one of them should be Sandman.

Sorry Neil Gaiman but I’m talking the OG Sandman. Debuting in 1939, Wesley Dodd’s Sandman was part of the dark, pulp golden era of comic books. He wore a green suit, fedora, and a gas mask like a child straight out of The Doctor Dances. Like Batman, he was a skilled detective, could handle himself in a fight and didn’t believe in killing his villains, opting to gas them to sleep. He's basically like Bill Cosby if Bill Cosby was a good guy.

Armed with a gas gun and tiny gas capsules, he would make for an excellent status effect fighter, putting his opponents to sleep or paralyzing them. If his occasionally used wire-gun is included, Sandman's combat repertoire would grow even greater, creating someone far more interesting than Cheetah looks.

Mostly, I just want as many people as possible to learn about Sandman. In the same way Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS reintroduced the Duck Hunt Dog character to gamers, it’s time comic book geeks reacquaint themselves with Sandman.

With just a few Injustice 2 DLC character slots left, one of them better be Sandman screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2pnVywI