Monday, May 22, 2017

News:: 'No plans' for Destiny 2 on Switch, which is called 'unrealistic'

Now that the Nintendo Switch has hit the ground running and people actually care about it, developers have to be ready for the always looming "is it coming to Switch" question. That was naturally posed to Bungie by IGN this past week as a result of the unveiling of Destiny 2, which was answered with an expected "no."

According to Destiny 2 project lead Mark Noseworthy, despite his "love" for the console, it isn't going to happen: "I think it's pretty unrealistic, given we're an online-only game, right? The Switch, because it's a portable - and I love my Switch, I've got Breath of the Wild here, I've got it with me. It's incredible, I love the console, but in terms of where it's at, I don't want leave anyone with the possibility of, like, 'it's a thing we'll consider, maybe next year.' There's no plans right now for Switch."

This is probably the smartest answer you could give. Placate the diehard Nintendo fans with adoration while ensuring that everyone knows that it will never happen. I fully expect this response to get a better reception than other recent retorts.

No Plans for Destiny 2 on Nintendo Switch [IGN]

'No plans' for Destiny 2 on Switch, which is called 'unrealistic' screenshot



via destructoid http://ift.tt/2qLQEwK