Tuesday, April 25, 2017

News:: Review: Wilson's Heart

Look, I've played a lot of crap in VR. In fact, I've played mostly crap in VR. The store is a wasteland of half-fulfilled ideas and tech demos being sold for at least $19.99. Players will clamor "Oh, this game isn't so bad! You're being too harsh!" but what they're really saying is "Help I spent a lot of money on this thing and I'm desperately searching for validation!" Most of the games worth the time are things like Rec Room that are entertaining virtual playgrounds experimenting with brilliant ideas.

I am very thankful that Wilson's Heart is here, because I have a solid linear VR experience I can point to and say "Yes! Let's do more like that!" If the thought of a virtual reality horror game sounds amazing to you (and you have a Rift), then I have great news.

Review: Wilson's Heart screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2oIITnx