Wednesday, April 26, 2017

News:: Ready at Dawn's Deformers has had one troubled launch

Did you know that the studio behind The Order: 1886 has a new game out? It's true.

Released last week, Deformers is an altogether different concept from Ready at Dawn, trading out a cinematic romp through alternate-history London for little blob creatures that like to duke it out in arenas and also play soccer sometimes. I was looking forward to playing and reviewing the game, but at this rate, I don't think it's gonna happen. The odds are too stacked against me.

First, there were the matchmaking issues. Those seem to be mostly cleared up now, but the situation was dire for many players, myself included, during the first few days after launch. You simply couldn't get into a match, and as a result, you couldn't really do anything in Deformers. There isn't an option to compete against bots (even if you start a custom game and fill the room with bots, they sit still, acting only as practice targets). There's no ability to play splitscreen offline, either. It's server-dependent.

In the days since those matching issues have cleared up for me, I've been able to get into games on PlayStation 4 without much waiting around. But now I'm encountering another problem: crippling lag. My normal experience in Deformers is a few-second delay on my button inputs (leading to a glitchy sort of "teleporting" effect) and a character with a penchant for falling through the floor and randomly wandering off the stage to his demise. In short, it's unplayable. And while I don't believe this is the typical experience for the typical player, judging by the forums, I'm also not alone.

Ready at Dawn's Deformers has had one troubled launch screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2q8Vjco