Sunday, March 5, 2017

News:: What I really think the Dead or Alive series says about violence against women

I made a guest appearance on the Polygamer podcast to announce that I'm on not one, not two, but four panels at PAX East this year. The podcast, and list of panels I'll be appearing on, can be found here

I didn't spend much time talking about the panels though, as there isn't a whole to say about them until they happen. Instead, host Ken Gagne and I talked about the recent kerfuffle surrounding children's entertainer Pewdiepie, the difference between being a part of the games media as a hobby and just calling it a hobby in order to try to sound like an "everyman", the good and bad motivations one might have for using the Gamergate hashtag, being a voice actor on 2064: ROM, my time as Destructoid Editor in Chief, and a whole lot more. 

Weirdly enough, an offhand comment I made about the Dead or Alive series seems to be the part of the show that interested people the most. In fact, at least one person has gone on to write their own analytical essay about my off-the-cuff comments. Isn't that weird? It's also a shame, because I did a terrible job of making my point clear on the podcast in the first place. It wasn't a priority for me. In fact, I had completely forgotten I said anything about the series until people started coming after me on Twitter for it. 

But hey, if my opinion about Dead or Alive and the ideas it shares about violence against women is that interesting to people, I guess I might as well spend thirty minutes writing about it in more detail for this web log (another word for 'blog'). It's the least that I can do, for you, the readers of Destructoid,com. 

What I really think the Dead or Alive series says about violence against women screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2n373rJ