Wednesday, March 8, 2017

News:: Review: Ys Origin

When it comes to ports of older games, I've always been a fan of companies who give more players the opportunity to experience something they missed out on during its early run. While I rarely double-dip on titles, I like the idea of having a classic game available on a current platform, in case my original copy breaks or disappears through some unknown means.

With most of the Ys series being on the Sony handheld systems, the idea of Ys Origin getting ported to the PS4 and Vita served as a nice way for more people to witness the story behind the events that made way for Ys I: Ancient Ys Vanished Omen and Ys II: Ancient Ys Vanished The Final Chapter's conflict. Unfortunately, this version isn't as refined as its earlier release.

Review: Ys Origin screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2m0bQsN