Tuesday, March 7, 2017

News:: Persona 5 is exactly what the Persona series needed

Back when Persona 4 Golden released, I considered its advent as the sign that we as a society had it the point of “Peak Persona”. That game took the already-polished structure of Persona 4 - itself a refinement of Persona 3's pioneering disruption and buffed out the few remaining rough spots in the design.

In the wake of that release, I thought that the series couldn’t possibly top itself without veering radically from the tried-and-true formula Atlus and P-Studio had devised over the years. A real sea change would be needed to make things fresh again. To me, Persona 5 would need to be as much a departure from Persona 3 and as those games were from Persona and Persona 2. And I was even disappointed when early word came out that P-Studio would stick to its guns and not depart from the anime high school and daily-life themes that had done so well for them before.

Thank goodness I'm not the guy in charge! I was, thankfully, dead wrong. Based on the 30-odd hours I've played so far, Persona 5 could well be the marker for "peak Persona". Read on for a bit more (spoiler-free) detail about my time with the game.

Persona 5 is exactly what the Persona series needed screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2lTVD8D