Sunday, February 12, 2017

News:: What is gaming's greatest love story?

It's John Wick Chapter 2 weekend and that means Valentine's Day is just a few days away. For some, that day will be spent sharing romantic moments, flowers, chocolates, lingerie, and disappointing sex with the one you love. For me, it will be Tuesday.

Even though I've been criminally single for the past 13 years, I'm always optimistic that love is right around the corner. My spirit is kept up with movies about falling in love, TV shows about people in love and video games where the protagonist risks his or her life to save their one true love.

Yes, I am that pathetic, but this week and the build-up to another lonely night got me thinking about gaming and love. Video games are often looked down upon for their poor story telling but I think many of us at one point or another have found ourselves completely immersed in the passion shared between two pixilated characters. In honor of Valentine's Day, I wanted to know what the Destructoid staff considered to be their favorite video game love story.

Oh, and be warned: this article contains spoilers.

What is gaming's greatest love story? screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2kI1fp3