Saturday, February 18, 2017

News:: Review: Sniper Elite 4

I love sniping in games, but I never do it. That’s because I’m terrible at sniping in video games. Give me a sniper rifle during a multiplayer match and you may as well have pulled the plug on my session, for that’s about how useful I become when armed with that type of weapon. I never had the combination of twitch skills and patience great game sniping requires, nor did I have the temperament to “get good”.

Sniper Elite 4 makes me feel like a good sniper. I still wouldn’t trust myself around a scope in any other game, but the folks at Rebellion have managed this feat in theirs. Ironically, they did it not by making sniping simple enough for someone of my level (what’s the level below “decomposing monkey”?) but by making it harder, more complex, and altogether a rarer activity than one would expect from a game called Sniper Elite.

Review: Sniper Elite 4 screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2lwC0Y9