Tuesday, January 17, 2017

News:: Review: Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star

I'll be the first to admit that when a Western release of Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star was first announced, I couldn't help but be a little excited. Type-Moon's Fate universe is something that I hold a high level of adoration for, and I do enjoy picking up a Musou-like game and tearing my way through endless hordes of faceless enemy soldiers every now and again.

With that said, one of the most recent games I've played in this genre was the 3DS port of Hyrule Warriors, which managed to draw me in for many, many hours. In fact, both my Wii U and 3DS copies of Hyrule Warriors still get a lot of use to this day, and I often find myself once again succumbing to its addictive and cathartic gameplay.

Would Fate/Extella manage to draw me in just as much as Tecmo Koei and Nintendo's collaboration did? Sadly, the answer to this question is both "yes" and "no."

Review: Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2iILT2x