Friday, January 20, 2017

News:: Arms is beautiful and fun, but not the next big eSport

There are times when I feel like I'm not playing a game to its max potential, that there is some high skill ceiling I'm not quite reaching. That often comes when playing fighting games, but not just fighting games. Games like Crysis and Vanquish just ooze this mysterious feeling that you can do cool shit in them. That feeling did not come to me in Arms. Conversely, I felt like I had run the course of what is possible. 

That is not to say I can't get better, but the game is relatively simple compared to even the most casual-friendly fighters. When the advertised way to play is holding the Joy-Con facing inward (playing on a Grip or Pro Controller is also possible), using only motion and the four shoulder buttons, it has to be. 

Arms is beautiful and fun, but not the next big eSport screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2jykL5i