Saturday, December 10, 2016

News:: Review: Zen Pinball 2: Bethesda Pinball

I was in a game store when I came across a box of Bethesda blind-bag toys the other day. I don't know why, but they kind of captivated me for a little while. Seeing plastic miniatures of Dog Meat and the Lone Survivor mixing with the DoomGuy, Corvo, and the weird murder-dude with a safe for his head from the Evil Within made me appreciate the variety of Bethesda's library in a way I typically gloss over. It's easy to think of Bethesda as an Elder Scrolls and Fallout factory and forget the other weird and interesting titles under the studio's belt.

The Bethesda Pinball pack for Zen Pinball 2 strikes the same chord. It's pinball, but played on tables based on the eclectic settings of Fallout 4, Skyrim, and Doom. Each table takes the very familiar experience of playing one of these three major titles and abstracts it out to flippers, silver balls, and tilt warnings. It makes for a weird and interesting experience you might not immediately expect from the worlds of Bethesda.

Review: Zen Pinball 2: Bethesda Pinball screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2hathZ3