Wednesday, December 28, 2016

News:: Review: Space Hulk: Deathwing

Despite being a big tabletop gamer, I don't have any particular affinity for Warhammer 40K. Like most people, I found Space Marine to be an entertaining (if shallow) dalliance with the universe, but I never was able to shake the fact that I was playing as a murderous Buzz Lightyear, stomping Orks with my big silly spaceboots. 

I do however have an affinity for the idea of suiting up with some friends and blasting some Tyranids -- the 40K equivalent to Xenomorphs -- in a Space Hulk, amalgamous collections of various ships and debris. Running through monolithic stone cathedrals embedded in the bowels of huge spaceships, lit only by the muzzle flashes of my Assault Cannon as I defend my fellow Space Marines? Sounds like a dream game.

Unfortunately, the dreams will remain just that for now, unless Streum On Studio does some major reworking on the sadly flawed Space Hulk: Deathwing.

Review: Space Hulk: Deathwing screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2hwDikK