Wednesday, November 9, 2016

News:: Paradigm is the surrealist point-and-click adventure that I didn't know I needed

I’m going to start this preview by opening up a little; I’m going to admit that I have no nostalgic memories of point-and-click adventure gaming, nor is it a genre that I’m well-acquainted with. I grew up playing console titles, with the likes of Super Mario Bros., Spyro the Dragon, and Ratchet and Clank making up the majority of my childhood gaming memories.

Why am I opening this preview in such a way? It’s simple. I nearly made the stupid mistake of overlooking Paradigm, a Kickstarter-funded adventure game by Australian artist Jacob Janerka. In fact, I only got around to trying it out at PAX Australia at the recommendation of one of this site's readers.

When I first checked out the PAX booth for Paradigm, I noticed a few things that caught my attention. For starters, I was informed that the developer cited shows such as The Mighty Boosh as a reference point for the game’s humour. Not only that, but there were promises of pugs that form cults dedicated to the wonders of Glam Metal.

Despite my usual apathy to the point-and-click genre, I just had to try it out.

Paradigm is the surrealist point-and-click adventure that I didn't know I needed screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid https://www.destructoid.com/paradigm-is-the-surrealist-point-and-click-adventure-that-i-didn-t-know-i-needed-398336.phtml