Saturday, October 1, 2016

News:: Review: Clustertruck

As a child, I would frequently play games of “the floor is lava” when I was bored. What that involved was basically jumping on furniture to avoid touching the carpet, which would “kill” you. Despite my parents not being in favor of my recklessness, I kept trying to up the ante with cushions around the floor and other obstacles.

Somehow, developers never really adopted that into a game. Maybe they thought it was too juvenile or couldn’t think of a strong enough gimmick to wrap around that core idea, but I’ve never seen anything even attempt to replicate that childhood wonder. Developer Landfall Games definitely had joyous memories of “the floor is lava,” or it wanted to make Mirror’s Edge with autonomous, suicidal trucks.

Review: Clustertruck screenshot

Read more...

via destructoid http://ift.tt/2cIWA3Z