Tuesday, November 4, 2014

News::I didn't make it all the way through the Halo 2 documentary


343 and Run Studios' hour-long Halo 2: Anniversary documentary is now up on YouTube.


I enjoyed the first 20 minutes, a nostalgic look at the original game and its sequel with fun behind-the-scenes tidbits sprinkled throughout. There's an anecdote from series composer Marty O'Donnell about how he secretly got John Mayer to play guitar on the Halo 2 soundtrack. (What?)


The documentary then shifts its attention to the extensive work that's gone into Halo 2: Anniversary. That's around when I began to lose interest, but I did get a kick out of the scenes with the Foley artists (30 minutes in) and, as a huge fan of The Thing and They Live, seeing actor Keith David again. Those red glasses! Worth watching if you know your Halo well.


I didn't make it all the way through the Halo 2 documentary screenshot


Read more...



via destructoid http://ift.tt/1x4oXtU