Saturday, October 18, 2014

News::Missing EarthBound is my biggest gaming regret

Every so often on Destructoid, we publish a post celebrating EarthBound and, right on cue, I come away impressed. Whether it's Chad recounting an emotional, fourth-wall-breaking moment, Jonathan explaining the game's greatness, or Darren sharing a heartfelt animation, I'm left in awe at the raw passion, talent, and near decades-long commitment of its fans.


I also leave those posts feeling a hint of sadness. For as much as I know about EarthBound, I don't *know* EarthBound. Not personally. I would say I've never experienced it before but that's untrue. I have tried and failed to play it a couple of times now, as recently as a few years back. That last attempt wasn't painful so much as it was a little depressing.


"Why can't I get into this?" I remember asking myself. "I'm sure I'd adore it if only I could!"


Missing EarthBound is my biggest gaming regret screenshot


Read more...



via destructoid http://ift.tt/1yNhdjg