Monday, September 1, 2014

News::Shadowgate Review | Metal Arcade

Metal Arcade: Rick Bakker writes: I can still remember playing the original Shadowgate for NES back in the day as a child. I remember renting it from a local video store at maybe 7 years old, most likely just from the creepy gargoyle on the cover. From the opening title and entrance screen I was fascinated and instantly hooked. The ominous atmosphere, music, and artwork were right up my alley and I had to beat it. However, there was a huge problem. In addition to being unlike any other game I had ever played, Shadowgate had a punishing level of difficulty. It was an unrelenting point-and-click adventure where one false click equaled death, and with no strategy guide or internet walkthrough to assist me, I was left to fend for myself with only my memory and scrawls of paper to guide me. In the end, it was all too much, and Castle Shadowgate had defeated yet another gamer. My adventure had ended not far from the entrance door. I would go on to play and beat many games through the...



via N4G: pc news feed http://ift.tt/1vZEj1E