Thursday, September 25, 2014

News::Final Fantasy VII Initial Impressions: Midgar

AGM: I'm currently about 8 hours into my playthrough of Final Fantasy VII and my feelings are mixed. This is the third time I've played this game, and it will be the second time I've played it all the way to the end. The last time I played was over ten years ago on the original Playstation. This time I'm playing that same version, but through the PS1 classic option on my Playstation Vita. I still have memories of all the major characters and plot points, but the nitty gritty details are slowly coming back to me as I play. My first reaction with the intro sequence was, "Wow! Here we go!" I love the very beginning of the game where Cloud leaps off a train and charges directly into a raid on a Mako reactor. What a way to start! Get the player engaged with no downtime or preamble. This is done extremely well. My second reaction, after the Mako reactor raid, was one of surprised frustration.



via N4G: pc news feed http://ift.tt/ZQp9Sb