Friday, June 6, 2014

News::Please send me on a One Way Trip, PlayStation


If you know anything about me, you know how much I love trippy things, and this PS4 title One Way Trip looks like it's going to be right up my alley. It's headed straight for PS4 and PS Vita when it debuts next year in 2015, but for right now we've got this bizarre, dreamlike trailer to drool over and a few tidbits about what to expect from the game in the meantime.


One Way Trip follows you and your brother Barry as you discover you've been poisoned by the water you've been drinking. An attack on the nation's water supply has ravaged a large portion of society, who find themselves left with a whopping six hours left to live. And it can't be a comforting "wait for the sweet embrace of death" six hours, either. You're tripping balls the entire time. That's right. You're forced to piece together the last few moments of your life while hallucinating. And probably having to listen to synthpop while pastel strippers shake what their mamas gave them only a few feet away. In short, this is my kind of game.


With branching choices, decision-making, and floating heads as well as the ability to forge relationships, One Way Trip has my attention. Also, check the surrealism. You've got my number right now, PlayStation.


One Way Trip on PS4, Vita: A Hallucinatory Journey into Death [PlayStation Blog]


Please send me on a One Way Trip, PlayStation screenshot






via destructoid http://ift.tt/1pcRdXt