Thursday, April 3, 2014

News::To Leave is one of the neatest games I played during GDC

GDC is full of neat games. There are sentai management sims. Body building cats. Hyper Light Drifter . But one of the neatest games I played during GDC is To Leave, which creative director Estefano Palacios says is the first indie game out of Ecuador. It's definitely the first one coming to PS4 and Vita. (Incidentally, check out the promoted cblog from last year, Gaming in Latin America).


Sony discovered the 12 person team's game as part of its Latin America, Incubation Program and has been "instrumental" in getting it exposure, flying Palacios out to GDC to rep the game, and technology, giving the team dev kits.


Palacios discovered me, hustling to take advantage of his good fortune, while I shambled, eyes glazed over, trying to remember where I was going and where I had been. I'm glad he did, because chatting with him and playing To Leave perked me right up.


To Leave is one of the neatest games I played during GDC screenshot


Read more...



via destructoid http://ift.tt/1pXGoIW