Monday, April 21, 2014

News::That Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor 'fell to bits'

Too good to be true, I worried, when first hearing about a spiritual successor to the Banjo-Kazooie series that was to be made by former Rare staffers. "Mingy Jongo." Perhaps that name still rests in your memory. I had forgotten the project was happening, and that's for the best, unfortunately.


News of the game's demise came out of an Ask Me Anything with Banjo-Kazooie composer Grant Kirkhope over the weekend. "The other guys actually had a secret meeting in a pub near Rare and we even got as far as having a character drawn up and a demo level type thing but it all fell to bits .... everyone's got other jobs etc," wrote Kirkhope.


Well, shoot. Plenty of games don't come to fruition and I can't say I'm shocked to hear that this one is among them, but it's nonetheless disappointing news. Guess I'll just continue replaying Banjo's N64 adventures to get my fix. Not a terrible fate, mind you. Love 'em.


[Via PCGMedia]


That Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor 'fell to bits' screenshot






via destructoid http://ift.tt/1h7qlFV