Sunday, March 2, 2014

News::Why Gone Home is a Horror Game

Max Level: I wont lie; when I first started the game, I had no idea what I was walking into; no clue as to the genre of the game, what it was about, nothing. I was just handed the game and told to have fun! I was hesitant the opening scenes were a bit too unsettling for my tastes, especially since I still had haunting thoughts about Outlast. But after cursing for a bit and psyching myself out over thoughts that the evening and rain setting were signals for a horror title, I became engulfed in the story that was unraveling before me. I soon came to realize that this wasnt one of those room escape games that I find myself playing in the middle of the night or even one where spooky naked prisoners try to kill me; no, it was something more, something unexpected, and has left me thinking about it since I finished the indie-title.



via N4G: pc news feed http://ift.tt/Nlsz90