Monday, March 31, 2014

News::Alien: Isolation Preview - Monstrous potential, but with a great big "If" | Dealspwn

Dealspwn is impressed with Alien: Isolation's pre-alpha build, but worries about a potential pitfall. Dealspwn writes: " Following my footsteps, the Xenomorph stalks past the locker grille, and for a split-second I think I'm safe as I peer through the slats. No such luck. It wheels and thrusts its eyeless muzzle up against the door, all fangs and slime. I shrink back from the grille, willing myself to sink into the darkness and hold my breath -- both in the game and in real life. Please, please, please just walk away! After what felt like an eternity, the chitinous horror finally sloped back down the hall and I let out a sigh of desperate relief. I've survived... but the Alien is still out there. Waiting. Hunting me. If The Creative Assembly can sustain this fear throughout the campaign, Alien Isolation could well become the best and most chilling survival horror game we've seen in some time, not to mention an outstanding tie-in. That's a seriously big "if," mind, and the unco...



via N4G: pc news feed http://ift.tt/1hrxmkC