Wednesday, February 19, 2014

News::You can bet real money on Super Street Fighter IV

Even with no money on the line, I get way too stressed out playing competitive multiplayer games. My emotions run wild. I cannot fathom participating in money matches, though the appeal isn't lost on me. Capcom has partnered with Virgin Gaming to allow Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition players on PS3 and Xbox 360 over the age of 18 to bet on head-to-head matches. Previous supported titles have been sports games -- FIFA, Madden, and the like.


Now, the betting process doesn't seem much more complicated than setting up a private session like you would normally and then taking a picture of the results and uploading it to the site, but there are measures in place for regional matchmaking and skill ratings. The main thing you're getting from Virgin Gaming, I suppose, is peace of mind. Kind of neat.


Given the choice, I'd rather bet on someone else's abilities and not my own. That'd make for a nerve-wracking EVO, wouldn't it? More so than usual, I mean.


Money Matching Now Available on SSF4:AE 2012 Thanks to Virgin Gaming [Capcom-Unity -- Thanks, Grant]


You can bet real money on Super Street Fighter IV screenshot






via destructoid http://ift.tt/1hwLLyj