Tuesday, February 25, 2014

News::Extra Punctuation A Beginner's Guide to Dark Souls - 7 Steps to Sucking Less

Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw: Someone asked me if I'd have given Dark Souls Game of the Year if I'd gotten into it three years ago. This is a pointless question. No, because I didn't get into it three years ago, because the barrier to entry was completely unreasonable. And all the people singing its praises made me resist it all the harder, due to the unwritten rule that all good things are ruined by their fans. Dark Souls is difficult, and so there's an increased air of smugness in the veteran players, who reply to heartfelt requests for advice with dismissive phrases like "Git gud", forgetting that there but for the grace of God went they.



via N4G: pc news feed http://ift.tt/OB4ZGj