Thursday, February 27, 2014

News::Are Games Trying to be Too Serious?

Chris West writes: "So I recently finished playing through Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Ive got to say, I wasnt impressed. The art direction was quite beautiful and the setpieces were done well, but I found the story aspect to be inorganic. The game consisted entirely of unconnected events that are generally considered to be either sad or touching. Considering how much praise this game has been receiving, I welcome all forms of backlash with open arms. While my opinion of Brothers isnt the focus of this article, its place in a pattern of serious and humorless video game narratives is. A narrative featuring serious themes and subjects isnt a bad thing as long as the writing and story is good, but it seems everybody is aiming to make their games dark and depressing because everyone else is doing it."



via N4G: pc news feed http://ift.tt/1dH1FPp