Monday, January 13, 2014

News::Ambitious open-world horror game The Forest detailed

Jeffrey Matulef (Eurogamer) : When I think about games that have disappointed me, I can't help but think of BioShock. It's not that Irrational's dystopian shooter was a bad game, but it wasn't really what I thought it was going to be. I was lured in by the premise of being an anonymous survivor desperately trying to escape the ruined, mutant-infested remains of a spectacular underwater city. I thought you'd get to navigate this environment in an open-ended fashion, taking advantage of a supposedly rich ecology of mutated miscreants. Instead it ended up being a bunch of linear corridors full of one-dimensional kill-happy characters and binary choices.



via N4G: pc news feed http://n4g.com/news/1433744/ambitious-open-world-horror-game-the-forest-detailed