Friday, December 13, 2013

News::The Ys buyers guide

[In honor of the newest Ys game's release, I thought it appropriate to promote JoyfulSanity's wonderful series buyers guide. Want to see your own blog appear on our front page? Go write something! --Mr Andy Dixon]


I've been seeing a lot of people ask "what the heck is Ys" recently. As an avid fan who can hopefully take a step back and look at these games from a newcomer's perspective, I hope to answer the most common questions while offering my insight into what these games are like and whether they'll be a good match for you. I've also included Metacritic links so you can check out what other critics are saying about these games, but as usual with Metacritic, I'd recommend taking the scores with a grain of salt and looking at the actual words in the reviews.


Having said that, if you're lazy and/or don't feel like reading my in depth analysis, then here's my TL;DR:


Buy them all! Except maybe Chronicles.


The Ys buyers guide screenshot


Read more...



via destructoid http://www.destructoid.com/the-ys-buyers-guide-266590.phtml